Lamb cookies


I continue to learn using my cutters ...
Today for the first time I've made these lambs.
For more information on original chocolate cookie recipe can be read here.
Thanks to author! Cookies are very tasty!

Here is the recipe...
The End-All for Chocolate Cookies Recipe:

1 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup cocoa
or 3 1/2 cups flour
Cream butter, shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add baking powder and salt and mix again. Stir in the cocoa until well blended. Add flour 1 cup at a time. IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE COOKIES RIGHT AWAY, ADD 3 1/2 cups flour. If you are going to "chill" the dough, or just wait for another day to make your cookies, STOP AT 3 cups. It will be totally soft and look all wrong, and you will want to ignore me completely and add more flour, but I'm telling you -- DON'T DO IT. Practice self-restraint. You will be glad you did, and I will be proud of you. Roll out on lightly floured surface. Bake at 375 F for 6 1/2 minutes. (I roll my cookies 3/8" thick.)



4 comments:

  1. So cute! You do a nice job decorating. Will pass this recipe on to my cookie baking daughter!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. They look really good. I'm sure my grandkids will love them. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete